Here is a sampling of what you will find in my collection of easy winter crafts and activities:
- Gather several pairs of mittens. Sort them by size, color, design, left hand, right hand, etc.
- Make miniature igloos using marshmallows and frosting.
- Paint the snow using food coloring or tempera paint mixed with water. Put the mixture in a squirt bottle and have a blast!
- Make a snowstorm inside by tearing up several pieces of white paper. Place them on a sheet or towel, have everyone grab around the edge, and toss the snow into the air.
- Cut snowflakes out of coffee filters and hang them around the room.
- Finger paint snowflakes on the windows using white tempera paint mixed with a bit of dish soap!
- Read all 50 Easy Winter Activities
If you can't beat winter, celebrate it everyday with these crafts and activities. After the read my ideas, take a moment to share your own simple winter activities. They could get published for all to enjoy.
(Photo - Steven Errico/Getty IMages)