Create your own jewelry using these simple directions.
Time Required: varies
- Buy some elastic thread and medium sized beads. Seed beads are too small and pony beads are too big.
- Decide what kind of jewelry you want to make. This idea works well for necklaces, bracelets, rings, and anklets!
- Cut a piece of elastic thread about 2 - 4 inches longer than you need for your project.
- Tie a bead onto one end of the piece of thread so the other beads do not fall off once you thread them on.
- String desired beads onto the elastic.
- Tie the two ends of the elastic together.
- Cut off the extra thread.
- Alphabet beads are fun to use for this craft!
- If you make bracelet or ring you will want it snug around your wrist or finger so it doesn't slide off.
- If you want to get fancier, you can position the beads where you want them by strategically tying small knots in the elastic.
What You Need