Create masterpieces in your driveway with this home made sidewalk chalk.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Find a mold for your sidewalk chalk. Anything from a toilet tissue roll or small paper cup to fancy candy molds will work.
- Mix together 1 cup of Plaster of Paris with 3/4 cup of water.
- Add color to your mixture using powdered tempera paint.
- Blend well and let stand for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into the molds you chose.
- Set aside and let dry completely.
- Once dry you can remove your chalk from the mold.
- Set it aside to dry for approximately 24 hours more.
- Take your chalk outside and create fun masterpieces!
- Powdered tempera paint is available at most large craft stores.
- Experiment with making swirled colors by adding the paint and stirring very little.
- Drying time can take from several hours to a few days depending on the size of the mold you chose.
What You Need
- A Mold
- 1 cup Plaster of Paris
- 3/4 cup Water
- Medium Sized Bowl
- Powedered Tempera Paint