- Age Guideline: 8 Years and Up
- Time Required: 60 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Flat bases, such as piece of bark from tree.
- Craft Sticks
- Twigs, leave, or other wall items
- Tiny stones, gravel etc for walk ways
- Tiny dried flowers, bag of potpourri works great
- Anything natural that you find outdoors
- Wood glue
- Spray varnish
Start by searching your yard for a large, flat base. You can make the initial wall structures out of craft sticks. Glue these onto the base. Choose item for walls, such as twigs or leaves, and use them to cover the outside of the craft stick walls. Use other items you find outside to create walkways, trees, flower beds, windows, antennas, gazing balls, swings, porches, little piles of fire wood. Just let your imagination go wild. Spray with varnish and you're done.
- See a larger photo of this craft completed by Suzanne Bowser
- See a photo of a fairy village completed by Ivonne and Natalie