You can make a contraption with a net, boxes, a clean can, or anything else you can think of such as paper towel rolls, empty containers, tin foil, paper, string or yarn, sandwich bags, etc; or, how about using an old shoe since they are said to be cobblers. You have to be very creative to catch a leprechaun.
Once you build your trap, don't forget to add bait to help lure in the leprechaun. Since they are very greedy, one of the best things you can use for bait are coins. If you don't want to use real coins, you can easily substitute candy coins or make your own gold coins by cutting circles out of cardboard and painting them gold. Gold nuggets made by painting small rocks are another option.
Here are a few more tips and suggestions to help you get started:
- Rainbows are good to use on or around your trap.
- Color your trap green and decorate it with green items (stickers, glitter, etc)
- Leprechauns are also attracted to four leaf clovers.
- They tend to like Lucky Charms cereal.
- Make sure your trap is disguised well - make sure it blends into its surroundings.
- No two traps should be alike or the leprechaun will get suspicious and leave.
- A leprechaun may leave a trail of gold and/or green glitter, so watch for it.
Now, you should be ready to build your trap. I can't guarantee you will catch one of these little creatures, but I hope you have fun in the attempt. Once you build your trap, make sure you submit a picture to be published in the photo gallery.