Make your house sparkle with home-made New Year's Eve party decorations! Choose a color scheme and go to town making matching accessories.
- Make fancy candles and candle holders to set up around the room.
- Instead of streamers, or along with streamers, use curling ribbon to make a room look extra fancy. You can also make paper chains!
- Fill balloons with confetti (use a funnel). You can pop these at midnight for some extra celebrating. Another fun idea is to write out 'fortunes' on small slips of paper and pop one into each balloon.
- Cut out colored snowflakes or stars from construction paper, paint on some glue, sprinkle with glitter, and hang them around the room.
- Make beautiful flowers for a centerpiece and decorations for other table tops!
- String small, white Christmas tree lights around the room.
- Make your own confetti by using a paper punch on construction paper. You can even buy paper punches in fancy shapes at craft stores.
- Make a festive pinata for a fun decoration or as a party game!
- Make a variety of colorful bell decorations to help you ring in the new year!
After you deck the halls, try making some New Year's noisemakers; and, of course, no party would be complete without fun party favors.
Here are a few more creative craft ideas to help you celebrate the New Year!
Make A Time Capsule -
Create your own time capsule.. Make it a family project! For more help, read these fun Facts and Ideas about time capsules.
Family Resolution Book -
This is a fun family project idea, and this page even includes a printable template!
Find many of the craft ideas shared on this page and even more New Years ideas on my New Year's Craft Projects Page.