- Age Guideline: 6 Years and Up
- Time Required: 30 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- 2-inch Terra Cotta Clay Pot
- 1 1/2-inch Wooden Ball Head
- 2 - 1/4-inch Yellow Pom-poms
- Black Chenille Stem
- Small Piece of Window Screen
- Wiggle Eyes
- Clear Acrylic Spray
- Craft Glue or Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paint Brush
Wipe down your terra cotta pot with a damp cloth and let dry completely.
Turn the clay pot upside down and paint the clay pot and wooden ball head. Paint the wooden ball black and the pot with yellow and black stripes. Put them aside to dry.
Once the paint is dry, glue the wooden ball onto the bottom of the clay pot. Paint a mouth on the wooden ball. Once all your paint is dry, spray it with the clear acrylic sealer.
Cut two pieces of chenille stem approximately 2-inches long. Glue the two pom-poms onto one end of each chenille stem piece. Glue these 'antenna' on top of the bee's head. Glue on the wiggle eyes.
Cut a wing shape out of a small piece of window screen. Glue it to the back of your bee. Your bumble bee is now complete.