There are different stories about the meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas, but I won't bore you with those details.
My 12 Days of Christmas will definitely cost you less than the items talked about in the 12 Days of Christmas song. According to The PNC Financial Services Group, who shares the PNC Christmas Price Index every year, the 12 Days of Christmas will cost you approximately $25,432.00 in 2012. (Make sure you visit the PNC site and go on a gift hunt that guides you through the Christmas price index.)
This is what the traditional 12 Days of Christmas items will put you back:
- A Partridge in a Pear - $205.00
- 2 Turtle Doves - $125.00
- 3 French Hens - $165.00
- 4 Calling Birds - $520.00
- 5 Golden Rings - $750.00
- 6 Geese a Laying - $210.00
- 7 Swans a Swimming - $7,000.00
- 8 Maids a Milking - $58.00
- 9 Ladies Dancing - $6,294.00
- 10 Lords Leaping - $4,767.00
- 11 Pipers Piping - $2,562.00
- 12 Drummers Drumming - $2,776.00
Wow! So now you have a choice, spend a lot of money on the real thing, or enjoy my 12 Days of Christmas gift items. Curious? Then start out On The First Day Of Christmas...