Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tbls Butter or Margarine
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- Decorating Items (listed below)
Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until the cereal is coated.
Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. As soon as the marshmallow is cool enough to touch, rub a little margarine or butter on your hands and form the cereal mixture into balls. Work quickly so your rice cereal mixture stays warm.
You will need 2 balls for each snowman. Use about 1 cup of the mixture for the body and 3/4 cup for the head balls. Set your larger ball on the wax paper lined cookie sheet. Place the small ball on top of the larger ball. If necessary, use a dab of frosting to help the 2 balls stick together.
Now you are ready to decorate your snowman! Use frosting to help some items stick to the rioce cereal balls better. Here are some suggestions for items to use to give your snowman facial features and more.
- Raisins (eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, etc.)
- Red Hots (eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, etc.)
- M and M's (eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, etc.)
- Chocolate Chips (eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, etc.)
- Tiny Jelly Beans (eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, etc.)
- Large Gum Drops (hat)
- Pretzel Sticks (Arms)