- Age Guideline: 6 Years and Up
- Time Required: 45 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Large Cardboard or Paper Mache Box
- Colored Paper (We used graduation themed scrapbooking paper)
- Graduation Stickers or Cut-Outs
- Decoupage Medium
- Paint Brush and Foam Brush
- Utility Knife
Start off by using the colored paper, foam brush, decoupage medium, and these step-by-step directions to cover the bottom of your box. I used black and white graduation themed paper but you can use any paper you like. Use paper in your school colors or just paper in colors you like.
Cut a hole in the lid that is big enough for larger cards to slide through. To decorate the lid of the box, I started off by painting it. Once the paint dried I used decoupage techniques to add a few graduation themed cut-outs to the top of the box. You can decorate the top of the lid with stickers, cut-outs, quotes, photos, or anything else your heart desires!