Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12th in 1809. President's Day, which is celebrated on the 3rd Monday in February, honors Lincoln and Washington. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Use thickened frosting or glue and pretzel sticks to make log cabins. You can also use graham crackers.
- Make penny rubbings by putting a coin under a sheet of thin paper and rubbing it with the side of a crayon or pencil lead.
- Make some of these Related Crafts.
Other Things To Do:
- What do you think it would be like to be a president?
- Sort, stack, and count pennies!
- Read Lincoln's First Inaugural Address and the Gettysburg Address.
- Check out this information from the White House.
- Frequently Asked Lincoln Questions - Everything you ever wanted to know and more.
- Read this great Timeline of Lincoln's life.