What a great reason to celebrate on May 19th. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Decorate large pieces of paper, and then staple them into a cone shape to make a clown hat.
- Make your very own Elephant Trunk and
Elephant Ears Headband!
- Make collages by cutting circus characters and animals out of magazines.
- Make this Elephant Puppet.
- Decorate paper plates to look like a clown face, complete with a red pom-pom nose. Make it into a mask if you want!
- Make this Lion Face and pretend to be a lion tamer.
- Check out these great circus related crafts.
Other Things To Do:
- Plan to visit a circus!
- Make a list of all the different animals in a circus.
- Get out stuffed animals, clownish clothes, and anything else circus related you can think of and pretend you are part of a circus.
- Sing this Elephants Song.
- Sing this Circus Song.
- Discuss the dangers of some of the acts in a circus.
- Put a line of masking tape on the floor and pretend to walk the tightrope.
Paint your face to look like a clown.
- Watch Disney's Dumbo movie.
- Have animal crackers for a snack.
- Learn this fun Five Little Clowns Song.
- Buy balloons and try your hand at making balloon animals.
| Back to May 19th | May Special Days |