Learn how you can help prevent fires during the first full week of October. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
Other Things To Do:
- Learn about what to do in case of a fire.
- Practice a fire drill.
- Visit a fire station.
- Use toy or unplugged phones and practice dialing 911.
- Make an escape plan.
- Talk about stop, drop, and roll.
- Talk about good fire and bad fire.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Go around the house and check all fire extinguishers, fire alarms, etc.
- Learn about the color red.
- Walk around the house and look for Fire hazards.
- Visit Smokey the Bear's Web Site and Sparky the Dog's Web Site for lots of related fun!