Celebrate Groundhog's Day on February 2nd. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Use a lamp and paper and trace peoples' shadows.
- Make groundhogs out of brown play dough.
- Make a groundhog puppet using a lunch-size paper bag.
- Use a paper plate to make a groundhog mask.
- Try one of the creative
Groundhog Day Projects.
Other Things To Do:
- Go outside and run around and stomp your feet to try to wake up the groundhog.
- Starting today, make a weather graph to see what really happens.
- Turn on certain lights in the room or go outside and look for shadows.
- On a calendar, count how many days there are until the first day
- Check out the groundhog's
record through the years!
- Learn more about
- Learn more about groundhog's day!
- Try playing Shadow Tag with a group of friends.
- Pretend to be a groundhog by climbing in a large box. Pop out and see if you can find your shadow.
| Back to February 2nd | February Special Days |