Gives new meaning to the phrase "Go Fly a Kite'. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Cut a diamond kite shape out of paper. Drop a few drops of food coloring or watered down paint onto the kite shape. Now, blow the paint into 'splatter' shapes using a straw, just like the wind blows a kite. (This is anot a good craft for construction paper or any other kind of paper that will absorb the paint.)
- Start out with a diamond shape and fold it in half lengthwise. Unfold the kite shape and paint some designs on half of it. When you are done painting, fold the kite in half again so you get a mirror image of the design you painted onto the unpainted side.
- Make one or more of these Kite Crafts.
Other Things To Do:
- Find out
how a kite flies.
- Read this page about kite history.
- Make a list of some other things that fly.
- Make a kite snack using either a graham cracker or piece of bread as your 'triangle' base. Spread on some peanut butter and decorate with raisins, small candies, nuts, etc. Add a tail using fruit roll-ups cut into the appropriate shapes!
| Back to May 12th | May Special Days |