Find out how you can celebrate National Weather Observers Day on May 4th. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Make clouds to hang from the ceiling by gluing cotton balls on white paper shapes.
- Make this Rain Hat Craft.
- Make an Umbrella Picture.
- Make your own Wind Chimes, Socks, and Whirl-I-Gigs.
- Check out this unique, weather-related costume.
- Print out and color this rainbow.
- Make a collage by cutting out pictures of weather related items out of magazines. You can make a cold weather collage, a hot weather collage, etc...
- Cut large rain drop shapes out of heavy paper and fingerpaint them blue!
- Here are even more weather-related crafts and activities.
Other Things To Do:
- What is your favorite kind of weather?
- Discuss the different clothing/protection you need in different kinds of weather.
- Record the weather on a chart/graph all week or all month.
- Sing one of these weather songs.
- Try this Measuring Rainfall Activity.
- Learn more about weather by checking out this Weather Glossary.
- Go outside and see if you can see shapes in the clouds.