Honor your grandparent's on National Grandparent's Day, which is celebrated on the first Sunday after Labor Day in September - the 9th in 2012. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Make a collage by cutting pictures out of magazines of people you think look like grandparents.
- If you are looking for a simple yet meaningful gift for Grandparent's Day, check out printable award certificates for grandpa and printable award certificates for grandma.
- Print out and make Gift/Scrapbook Tags for a Grandparent's Day gift or to use as part of a scrapbooking or craft project!
- Personalized calendars make wonderful gifts for anyone. Make a special calendar for your grandparents and include photos and notes on important dates.
- Here are some more creative ideas to help you celebrate this special day.
Other Things To Do:
- Read The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's (compare prices) and then do this story activity with or for your grandparents.
- What makes your grandparents special. What do you call their grandparents?
- Learn how to say grandma and grandpa in different languages.
- Put on a special play or performance for your grandparents. Or, have a special dinner.
- Write a special poem for your grandparents: Or write down questions/sentances about your grandparents, such as "I love it when my grandma and grandpa..........."