Celebrate National Weatherperson's Day on February 5th. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Make clouds to hang from the ceiling by gluing cotton balls on white paper shapes.
- Place 3 - 5 large drops of water towards the center of a colored piece of paper. Fold the paper in half and rub it. Open your paper up and it will hopefully look like a picture of a cloud!
- Make clouds out of clay.
- Make a sun out of a paper plate.
- Make some Rainbow Stew (not edible!).
- Check out this Rainbow Coloring Page.
- Make this Rain Hat Craft.
- Make an Umbrella Picture.
- Make your own Wind Sock.
- Learn more about the weather using these crafts and activities and the four seasons with these activities.
Other Things To Do:
- What is your favorite kind of weather?
- Discuss the diferent clothing/protection you need in different kinds of weather.
- Record the weather on a chart for a week or two.
- Take some time to watch the clouds. What kind of shapes can you find?
- Make rainbow jello.
- Try this Measuring Rainfall Activity.
- Check out this unique weather-related costume.