On August 16th, celebrate the day the roller coaster was patented in 1898. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Draw or paint pictures of roller coasters.
- Make an amusement park collage by cutting pictures out of magazines.
- Use popsicle-type sticks or toothpicks to build your own roller coaster.
Other Things To Do:
- Name places where you would find a roller coaster.
- Ask if everyone if they have ever been on a roller coaster and have them explain it. If they haven't been on one, have them tell what they think it might be like.
- Line up chairs to resemble the seats of a roller coaster and pretend you are riding one.
- Go to an amusement park or carnival.
- Eat Corn Dogs and french Fries for lunch.
- Learn much more about roller coasters.