Find out how you can celebrate Space Day on the first Friday in May. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Make planets using clay.
- Make space suits by wrapping yourself in foil and taping it in place.
- Make space shoes by tying sponges on the bottom of your feet.
- Build your own rocket ship control panel by using a cardboard box, foil, and other treasures laying around your house for knobs, etc.
- Make planets out of paper plates.
- Check out many fun, space related crafts.
- Make your own solar system coloring book.
Other Things To Do:
- Check out this more official Space Day Web site!
- Play this Satellite Delay Relay race.
- Make these Make Asteroids You Can Eat.
- Try eating this Space Pudding just like the astronauts!
- Make star and planet shaped cookies.
- Eat 'space food' - buy and prepare some freeze dried food from a camping store!
- Pretend to be an astronaut - Put on your space suit, climb in your rocket, fly to the moon, get out and walk on the moon, etc.