Have a slice or two on August 3rd to celebrate National Watermelon Day. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Try making this watermelon art.
- Make this watermelon beaded safety pin.
- Here is a watermelon picture to print and color.
- Make a watermelon collage by gluing red pieces of tissue paper on a round, green piece of construction paper.
- Make one of these 3-D Fruit Mobiles.
- Print out and color some of these watermelon pictures, crafts, and games.
Other Things To Do:
- Go to the grocery store or a farmer's market and pick out a watermelon.
- Talk about the different textures of a watermelon.
- Talk about the color green.
- Talk about circles.
- Have watermelon for snack.
- Count the seeds in your piece of watermelon.
- Have a watermelon seed spitting contest.
- Learn more about the watermelon.
- Check out these fun Watermelon Ideas!