On July 20th, celebrate the day Armstrong and Aldrin land on moon in 1969. Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Make a moon collage using star and circle shapes.
- Use a star and circle shaped cookie cutter to make prints of the moon and stars.
- Make a mobile from a styrofoam ball painted like the moon and cut-out star shapes.
- Make moons out of paper plates.
- Find many related crafts and activities on my Outer Space Craft Projects page.
Other Things To Do:
- Set up a dramatic play area thay represents a space ship.
- Learn more about gravity. How do you think it would feel to be weightless and walk on the moon.
- Walk around in slow motion and pretend you are weightless.
- Learn more about the solar system.
- Check out some pictures of the Apollo 11 moon mission.