Learn More About This Book:
- Make collages by cutting pictures of cats out of magazines.
- Cut a circle out of a black piece of paper. Starting on the outside edge, cut one large spiral piece about 2-inches thick. Tape this spiral strip to the back of your pants to be a cat tail!
- Make this goldfish craft or create a fun fish bowl picture using a paper plate and a few other supplies.
- Make a kite to fly in the house.
- Make cardboard roll puppets of the main characters and put on a puppet show!
- Make several of these Dr. Seuss Craft Projects
- Make some cat crafts.
- Make a variety of hats.
Additional Story Sack Items:
- Print out some coloring pages.
- Print out a maze, dot-to-dot, and Fun-In-The-Box activity sheets.
- You can include a Cat in the Hat hat!
- How about a Cat in the Hat puppet.
- Include plain paper and crayons to write or draw a story about your own adventure with The Cat in a Hat or about what you like to do on a rainy day.
- Include some related books. Here are a few suggestions:
- Related videos to watch:
- Have a discussion about the rules for being home along and talking to strangers.
- Make a list of things you can do on rainy days.
- Explore these Rainy Day Projects.
- Make this fun Cat in The Hat snack.
- Play these hat toss game and cat, cat, hat games (PDF files).
- Learn how to do thisGoldfish Fingerplay.
- Write as many words as you can think of that have the letters "at".
- See how many things you can balance at once.
- Have a balancing relay race.
- Purchase a game or puzzle related to this story.