Learn More About This Book:
See what the About.com Guide to Children's Books, Elizabeth Kennedy, has to say about this story. You can also compare prices for this book.
Include supplies to make one or more of these crafts.
- Make this clover with a speck of dust.
- Make cardboard roll puppets of the main characters and put on a puppet show!
- Dress up as an elephant by making a trunk and elephant ears.
- Make some musical instruments to see if you can make as much noise as the Whos did.
- Make this eagle beaded safety pin.
- You can make this paper kangaroo craft.
- Try one or more of these monkey crafts.
- Make an elephant craft or two.
Additional Story Sack Items:
Include one or more of these related items.
- Make a cd or tape of the story being told.
- Include plain paper and crayons to write or draw a story about helping others.
- Here are some related educational print-outs you can include:
- Learn more about how the ear works with this print out.
- Print out and some or all of these Horton activity pages:
- Include some related books. Here are a few suggestions:
- Related videos to watch:
Suggestions for more related activities.
- Visit a zoo to see the elephants and other animals that appear in the book.
- Instead of 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey', create and play 'Pin the Dust Speck on the Clover'.
- Make the clover craft above and have a relay race.
- Check out these Horton finger puppets
- You can also play a Horton Hears a Who board game
- Here is a Horton stuffed animal.
- You can try this online Word Search.