- Age Guideline: 6 Years and Up
- Time Required: 20 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Styrofoam Cups
- Miscellaneous Craft Supplies to Embellish (see suggestions below)
Pre heat oven to 300 degrees. Using scissors, cut straight down the side of a styrofoam cup, about 2/3 way. Repeat all around the cup to make as many petals as you like.
Set cup(s) on the cookie sheet, bottom side down. Put in oven for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Watch it carefully for the right time to remove it. You want the cut 'petals' to gently droop down. Remove promptly and let it cool. Before it cools, you might have to manipulate the curled petals a little bit to get them to look like you want them.
Decorate as desired! You can paint your flowers or try coloring them with markers. You can make a stem using a craft stick or small dowel or wooden skewer. Embellish the flower using glitter, sequins, gems, pom-poms, or just about anything else you might have in your craft cupboard!
- See a larger photo of this craft completed by Connie's Daycare
- See a larger photo of this craft completed by Kelly Winch's Class
- See a larger photo of this craft completed by Hailey and Alissa
I hope you enjoy this craft project. If you make this craft, make sure you send in a photo so it can be posted here. You can also get your own crafts published. If you want to be one of the first to know when new craft projects are posted, take a few moments to sign up for the Family Crafts Newsletter and you can also chat about crafts with others in the Family Crafts Forum.