- Bugles brand corn snacks
- Plain M&Ms brand chocolate candy
- Small pretzel twists
- Hershey's brand chocolate Hugs and Kisses
- Goldfish Crackers
- Gold Foil Covered Coins
Use even amounts of all the ingredients listed above or mix and match as you like. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. You can make this mix as a family and eat while discussing each ingredient and how it relates to the new year.
If this is for a gift, make a special card with these descriptions (or print out the bag tag I provide below):
Each ingredient in this snack mix symbolizes something associated with the new year
- Bugles Corn Snacks - Represents horns and hats used in New Year's celebrations.
- M&Ms - Resembles colorful confetti thrown to welcome the new year.
- Peanuts - Plant the seeds for peace in the New Year.
- Pretzels - Arms folded in prayer for a safe and happy new year.
- Hershey's Hugs and Kisses - The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
- Goldfish Crackers - For good luck in the new year, represents abundance and togetherness.
- Raisins - Symbolizes 12 grapes eaten at midnight to bring good luck in all 12 months of the new year.
- Gold Foil Covered Coins - For fortune and prosperity.
Another item you can use or substitute is ring-shaped cereal. A ring shape brings good luck and symbolizes coming full circle. There simply just was not enough room on the printable tag I made.
You can package the mix in zip-top sandwich bags and use this printable tag stapled to the top of the bag: FREE Printable Tag