- Age Guideline: 5 Years and Up
- Time Required: 15 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Plastic Jug (From Water, Milk, or Bleach)
- Duct Tape
- Small Items for Emergency Kit (See suggestions Below)
Wash the plastic dry and leave it out to dry. Once the inside in completely dry, put the lid on the plastic jug and set it aside.
Gather together items for your emergency kit. The items in your kit may vary depending on the size of your plastic jug and by what the emergency kit is for. These are great to keep in your car, take on an outdoor adventure, or tuck away someplace in your home. You can make one of these kits for everyone.
Here are some ideas for your emergency kit:
- Individually Wrapped Snacks
- Small Flashlight
- Pre-moistened Towelettes
- Small Package of Facial Tissue
- Safety Pins
Cut a slit near the top of your plastic jug that is big enough to fit your emergency supplies through. Once you have everything in your plastic jug, use the duct tape to seal it up. Put your emergency kit in a safe place or carry it along with you!