The Bottom Line
- Several inspiration projects shared
- Great explanations of supplies and tools needed
- Easy to understand directives
- Would have enjoyed more specific project instructions
- Easy to understand step-by-step directions.
- Inspiring colored photos or tools, techniques, and completed projects.
- Softcover book with 48 jam-packed pages.
Guide Review - Altered Board Book Basics and Beyond
Old board books, usually children's books, should be easy enough to find - check thrift stores, garage sales, or even talk to your friends with kids... Or, if you prefer, you can start with a clean slate by purchasing a blank board book, also available from CT Publishing.
With the information in this book, you will learn all about different adhesives and when to use each one. You will discover how to use a variety of items you probably already have laying around your house or garage to make wonderfully textured backgrounds and embellishments. You will also discover a foolproof method for cutting windows into your board book projects. There is even a sections in this book where the author teaches you how to make pressed flowers by drying plants in your microwave.
You can use these ideas to create miniature scrapbooks, field guides, souvenirs for special events or vacations, and much more. Personally, I love the little recipe book idea! I just might make one for an upcoming bridal shower I am invited to!