- Age Guideline: 5 Years and Up
- Time Required: 20 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Laundry Scoop
- Miniature Garland or Colorful Yarn
- Candy Canes (large and small and individually wrapped)
- Candy (to fill the sleigh)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Teresa made the runners out of regular size candy canes using a hot glue gun. She glued them to the bottom of the laundry scoop making sure that the long end of the scoop was in the front. Next she put small candy canes the back of the sleigh, again using the hot glue gun.
Teresa said found a strand of garland with beads and miniature Christmas lights at the dollar store. I cut it up and glued it to the sleigh. She applied garland for the reigns and decoration. You can use whatever you like.
The final step is to fill the sleigh with candy and give it away. Theresa made 19 of these for her daughterss kindergarten class and they were a huge hit.