- Age Guideline: 8 Years and Up
- Time Required: 30 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Quahog or Similar Shell
- 2 or 3 Small Shells or Stones
- Craft Glue, Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks, or Strong Glue
- Candle Wax
- Items to Embellish (optional)
Using your glue of choice, glue 2 or 3 small shells or stones to the rounded side of the shell to be legs. You want the large quahog or similar shell to sit level. let the glue dry.
Using candle wax, a wick, and simple candle making techniques, use the bowl of the sea shell to create a candle. Learn more about basic candle making on David's About.com Candle and Soap Making Site.
Once the wax sets up, you can embellish the candle however you like.