- Age Guideline: 8 Years and Up
- Time Required: 30 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- 2 inch Terra Cotta Clay Pot
- 1 1/2 inch Wooden Ball Head
- Orange Chenille Stem
- Small Buttons
- Clear Acrylic Spray
- Craft Glue or Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paint Brush
Wipe down your terra cotta clay pot with a damp cloth and let dry completely.
Paint the clay pot and the wooden ball head white. Put them aside to dry.
Once the paint is dry, set your painted clay pot upside down on your work surface and glue the wooden ball onto the bottom of the clay pot. Paint a face on the wooden ball. Once all your paint is dry, spray it with the clear acrylic sealer.
Cut off about 1/2 inch from the orange chenille stem and glue it on for the snowman's nose. Glue the two buttons onto the clay pot. For the arms, find two small twigs and glue them in place. Your snow person is now complete.
- See a photo of this craft submitted by Thomas C. from NY.
- See a photo of this craft submitted by Evamarie and Melissa.
If you want to be one of the first to know when new craft projects are posted, take a few moments to sign up for the Family Crafts Newsletter and you can also chat about crafts with others in the Family Crafts Forum.