Preparing this kit is simple, gather all or some of the 'ingredients' listed below and place them in a zip top bag. Print out the list of ingredients and each one's meaning to give along with the bag. You can use card stock to create a bag tag as I did or you can make a little card. I have included the tag I made - feel free to print it out and use it.
Choose one or all of these survival kit ingredients, or you can think of your own:
- Gum - To help the team stick together, on and off the ice.
- Star - To remind you to aim high and always do your best.
- Cotton Ball - To cushion any falls and all the bumps and bruises.
- Fireball - To help keep you warm on the ice.
- Rubber Band - To help you spring back if you get behind or fall down.
- Paper Clip - To help hold it all together.
- Tootsie Roll - To help you roll with the punches – sometimes literally!
- Puzzle Piece - To remind you that every player is an important piece of the team.
- Starburst Candy - To give you an extra burst of energy when it’s needed.
- Cool Blue Mint - To help you keep your cool under pressure.
- Peanut - To remind you that it is okay to be a little nutty at times and have fun.
- Penny - To remind you that you are a valuable member of the team.
- Lucky Charms - To honor the superstitious nature of hockey players!
- Mounds Bar - For the mounds of pleasure you have brought your coaches, parents, and fans this year!
Here is the tag I used, in both JPG and PDF formats. Feel free to print it out and use it. Your best bet may be to save it to your computer and open it using a graphics program so you can print it out the desired width (however wide your bag is).
For best results, follow directions in this article for saving and printing this page.