- Large gift bag
- Miscellaneous recycled items (see suggestions below)
- Hot glue
Aline made this robot for her 4-year-old son using recycled materials and stuff she already had.
Start out by painting the bag silver using spray paint or you can simply buy a large silver gift bag. Turn the bag upside down and cut out holes for the head and arms.
Use a variety of miscellaneous recycled items and household objects to decorate your robot costume. Some things Aline suggests using are:
- Bottle caps (to look like buttons and knobs)
- Misc. Container lids (ones that open and shut or otherwise move add some extra interest to the costume)
- Cereal pieces
- Magazine pictures (use anything that looks techno and like gadgets)
- Paper or plastic plates
- Yogurt containers
- Plastic Soda bottles (Aline cut out the bottom )
- Cardboard (Aline used this to make letters to personalize her robot)
Offer your child all of the items above and any others you want and let them decorate their robot costume as much as they want. They can use permanent markers or even paint to add extra detail to their costume. You can use Aline's picture as inspiration. You can find a larger picture of her robot costume here.
Looking for more costume ideas and Halloween projects? Check out these easy costume ideas.