- Age Guideline: 10 Years and Up
- Time Required: 60 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Pair of Jeans
- Straight Pins
- Needle and Thread
- Lay the jeans flat on your work surface and cut off each leg. From one of the legs, cut 2 strips about 4" x 24".
- Turn the jeans inside out and pin together each opening you just cut.
- Leaving about a 1/2" seam allowance stitch the openings closed starting on one side, stitching across the crotch area, and then stitching across the other opening.
- Turn your new blue jean tote bag right side out. Iron if desired.
- Sew the two 4" x 24" strips together, using a 1/2" seam allowance, so you have a strip that is approximately 4" x 47".
- Fold the strip in half lengthwise, right sides together. Line up the long edges and sew the entire length using about 1/2" seam allowance. To form a long tube.
- Turn this tube right side out. Iron if desired. This will be your strap.
- Slip one end of your strap into the belt loop on one side of the jeans; thread that same end through the belt loop on the opposite side of the jeans. Tie or sew the two ends together.
- Your strap is now ready and you can embellish if desired. You can wear your new bag with pride!