- Age Guideline: 3 Years and Up
- Time Required: 20 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Pine Cones
- Miscellaneous Decorating Supplies (See ideas below)
- Craft Glue
- Paint Brush
Start out by painting your pine cone green.
Cut a 10-inch length of ribbon. When the paint is dry, tie it into a circle and glue the tied section to the pointy tip of the pine cone.
Use miscellaneous supplies to decorate your pine cone so it looks like a miniature Christmas tree. Here are a few ideas of items to use:
You can also paint the tips of the branches white if you like to look like snow. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter on your pine cone if you like. The pine cone tree can also sit on a shelf by painting a tiny clay pot to set it in. If you don't have a clay pot, paint a film container lid or milk cap. Use you imagination!
- See a photo of this craft completed by Tessy.
- See a photo of this craft completed by D. Beveridge.
- See a photo of this craft completed by Molly in IL.
- See a larger photo of this craft completed by G. Kent and C. Kent.