Name of Project
Candy Wrapper Trick or Treat Buckets
Ages This Project is Suitable For
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
• 1 bucket or pail (we used a galvanized bucket from a local craft store )
• 1 bag assorted Dum Dum Pops (we used Banana Split, Root Beer, & Mango wrappers)
• Decoupage glue (we used Mod Podge)
• Assorted Halloween-themed fabric strips (each strip cut 1" wide x 6" long)
• Foam brush
Simply apply decoupage glue (we used Mod Podge) to the soon-to-be Halloween bucket using a foam paintbrush, then apply the Dum Dums lollipop wrappers any way you like. You can try placing the wrappers in a repeating pattern like stripes, or put them on in a "patchwork" pattern for something a little easier. Once you have the wrappers on and smoothed out, coat the wrappers with more glue, then wait to dry. How easy is that? This is definitely an easy Halloween craft that you will enjoy making with your kids.
Tips and Tricks
- You can also repurpose your buckets after Halloween – they're a fun and colorful way to hold crayons and small toys in a kids' room, or even to keep crafting supplies organized in your craft room.