Name of Project
Colorful Mosaic Vase
Ages This Project is Suitable For
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
A few hours to half a day
Vase (glass or plastic)
Small stones or sand
1. I used a "Trop50" which is short for Tropicana for those don't buy orange juice regularly, I love the shape.
2. Weigh down the plastic container with small stones or sand. Make sure the stones are small enough to go into the spout.
3. Cut out several sheets of pastel paper. Cut them in little pieces in different shapes for the mosaic. Lay out the cut pieces in front of you.
4. Put newspaper down to protect the surface you are working over.
5. Work on one side at a time so the Mod Podge won't dry too soon. Try to cover as much as you can with the paper so it looks like mosaic. Go over it with Mod Podge.
6. Continue to the next side with the same way, brushing on the Mod Podge and the paper. Go over again with the Mod Podge.
7. When all sides are done and finished with Mod Podge, let the vase dry for a few hours.
8. Get some colorful silk flowers to put inside of the vase.
Tips and Tricks
- This would be a lovely Mother's Day gift and she would be thrilled to know that it was created from you.