Name of Project
Manila Folder Journal Craft
Ages This Project is Suitable For
8 and up
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
lined or plain white paper
Cut the tab off of the manila folder. Use a hole punch and punch three holes at the folded side. Stack lined or white paper, cut if needed to exact size of folder and punch three holes in left side. Insert the paper into the folder, matching up the holes. Use raffia or ribbon to feed through the holes and tie in a knot or bow.
Your scrapbook/journal is now ready to be decorated. Use any pretty paper, ribbon, gems, floss, tags, clothespins, etc. to create a work of art on the front of the scrapbook/journal to disguise the manila folder
Tips and Tricks
- Elmers tacky glue works well for this
- I have also strung beads on floss and looped that through the holes.
- I use the small clothespins, glued to the front and insert a tag into the pin identifying the owner of the journal
- I have used fabric before to cover front and back and then added embellishments
- I give these as gifts at Christmas and they are well received
- I have made them theme oriented and also just plain wacky for the craftier/crazier people in my life