Name of Project
Mother's Day Gift
Ages This Project is Suitable For
5 and up
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
45 minutes (drying time not included)
Cardboard rings (empty roll from masking tape) 3
Black spray paint (or any color you might want, try to make it a neutral color)
Drill with small drill bit (you could possibly glue on a picture tab instead)
Ribbon to match the paint color
Small garden rocks
Stencil or you can free hand the letters" M" " O" " M"
1. Glue three empty masking tape rolls (lay them flat on table meeting each other at the top when glueing).
2. Let dry, then spray paint whatever color you have choosen.
3. Drill 2 holes in the top of the first cardboard roll. You can use to glue a picture frame tab instead of drilling holes, either works.
4. You can either free hand the letter M or use a stencil. Put the letter "O" in the next roll and the last "M" in the final roll.
5. Have the kids glue small stones (pebbles) to the stenciled letter, let dry. If you want you can add a small gem stone in the middle of the letter "O"
6. Attach a ribbon and make a pretty bow and now you are finished and ready to give to your mom for mother's day or any day of the year.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure the paint is completely dry before going to the next step. You could also use regular craft paint instead of spray painting. I used the spray paint cause I had to make a lot, due to my class size.