Name of Project
Ages This Project is Suitable For
5 and up
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
Plastic spoons, Styrofoam cone (from a craft store), serving tray (pictured is a mirror), double-sided foam tape, food to serve on the spoons.
1. Trace the base of the foam cone onto a piece of paper and cut out the circle.
2. Fold the paper circle into eighths.
3. Unfold and position the circle onto the bottom of the cone. Mark each fold point on the side of the cone.
4. Rule a line from each point at the base to the tip of the cone. This process will ensure that the cone is divided into even sections.
5. Using the lines as guides, push the tip of a spoon into the foam. Make sure that the hole is large enough to remove the spoon easily. As you near the tip, use fewer spoons. The narrow top will only support about 4 spoons around the circumference.
6. Optional: paint and decorate the foam.
7. The filled spoons can now be reinserted into the cone. Make sure you secure the cone to the base using double sided tape first!
Tips and Tricks
- Use recipes that make sticky foods that will stay on the spoons - Cheesecake, Chocolate Crackles, Melted Chocolate and Marshmallows, Etc