Name of Project
Ages This Project is Suitable For
6 and up
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
45 minute project
cereal box (1)
frozen juice container (1) emptied and cleaned with lid
L shaped pcv pipe about 4 to each robot
utility /craft knife (I used an old paring knife)
1. First off cut a hold in the top of the box where the juice container will later be glued. Then make sure all flaps, top and bottom are glued shut.
2. Start gluing the 2 of the L shaped pcv pipe where arms would be. Let dry, then glue 2 L haped pcv pipe where the legs would be. Let dry.
3. Next cut a small hole in the top of the juice container's lid, so pennies, etc can be deposited. Glue the lid to the juice container, let dry.
4. Now cut a medium size slit on the back of the robot Glue another larger piece of cardboard to the cut out one and attach a magnet to the cereal box and one to the flap. This will become your opening so you can later remove you stash.
5. Finally I spray painted the entire robot a silver color (you can us regular paint and a brush), let dry and decorate anyway you wish. My students at my school are going to use this project as a present for Father's Day for their dads or grandfathers.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure it is completely dry before continuing to next step.