Name of Project
Ages This Project is Suitable For
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
A few hours
Power drink container (empty)
1. For each luminary, you need a square piece of cotton or lightweight fabric.
2. Design each square with colored markers any pattern you want. Scrunch it up and dip it in water. Squeeze the excess water. The water will seep through the fabric.
3. Let it dry awhile. Cut the fabric in strips and wrap each piece around the cylinder with tacky glue. Make sure you cover the entire container.
4. Add the tea light and at night you see how pretty it looks through the tie-dyed fabric.
5. When not using for a luminaries, you can use it for your pens, pencils and your art supplies.
Tips and Tricks
- What a great idea for a teen birthday. Serve the utensils in these cool tye-dyed containers