Decorate your trees with these simple bird feeders!
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Find a large pine cone.
- Tie a three to four foot piece of yarn around the top of the pine cone for the hanger.
- Mix two tablespoons of peanut butter with two tablespoons of margarine.
- Spread the peanut butter and margarine mixture onto the pine cone.
- Pour some bird seed onto a plate or shallow dish and roll the pine cone in it.
- Place the seed-covered pine cones in the freezer for about an hour or until it is firm.
- Hang it outside in a tree!
- Hang your pine cone at the end of a smaller branch so squirrels don't get it.
- Work with the bird seed over newspaper to help make clean up time easier.
- From Derijia: Plain peanut butter works well!
What You Need
- Pine Cone
- Peanut Butter
- Bird Seed