Start out by gathering all the supplies you need.
- Pattern - You might want to start with one that does not have a lot of small detail. Clip art and coloring books are wonderful sources for patterns.
- Glass - Any glass object or mirror will do. You can use jars, drinking glasses, etc. It might be wise to practice on an old jar before trying a window or mirror!
- Window Cleaner - Always start with a clean surface.
- Contact Paper - Clear or plain, white works best. You can also make simple stripes using masking tape, etc.
- Carbon Paper - Used to trace your pattern onto the contact paper.
- Utility Knife - Used to cut your pattern out of the contact paper.
- Etching Cream - You should be able to find some at your local craft store, or you can buy it online!
- Foam Brush - Used to apply etching creme. Might also be able to use paper towels. Read the manufacturer's suggestion for your etching creme to see what is suitable.
- Latex Gloves - To protect your hands from the acid in the etching creme. it is also a good idea to wear eye protection and a long sleeve shirt.
Once you have gathered all these supplies you are ready to begin...