- Age Guideline: 5 Years and Up
- Time Required: 15 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
Cut many approximately 2-inch by 2-inch squares from the tissue paper. Cut out plenty because you will be covering the entire box. Place the lid on the box or tape it closed. Once this project is done, you will not be able to open the box.
Water down the glue by mixing 2 parts of glue to 1 part water. Using decoupage techniques, lightly brush some glue on the box and stick on the tissue paper squares you cut out. You want them to overlap so you do not see the box at all. Work in small sections until the entire box is covered. Set aside to dry.
Once the box is dry, you can lightly brush over your box with the glue and water mixture to make it more durable and shiny. Let it dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Once dry, tie the box with curly ribbon as you would a wrapped present and attached a gift tag which reads...
This is a very special gift
That you can never see
The reason it's so special is
It's just for you from me.
Whenever you are lonely
Or are ever feeling blue
You only have to hold this gift
And know I'm hugging you.
You never can unwrap it
Please leave the ribbon tied
Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with hugs inside.
From Sherri: While I love the decoupaged box idea, especially since it is not intended for the box to ever be opened, you could also use wrapping paper and tape to wrap an empty box.
- See a photo of this craft completed by Inbal Leid.
- See a photo of this craft completed by Veronica.
- See a photo of this craft completed by Katrina.
- See a photo of this craft completed by Christine.
- See a photo of this craft completed by Jennifer B..
- See a photo of this craft completed by Lindsey from CA..
- See a photo of this craft submitted by Devin Relf.
- See a photo of this craft submitted by Crystal.