Show your parents how much you respect them on August 1st and every day! Find ideas for crafts, games, and other activities.
Crafts to Make:
- Make a special gift for your parents.
- Draw a picture of your parents.
- Write a special poem for your parents: Or give children questions about their parents for them to finish, such as "I love it when my mom and dad..........." Draw pictures to go with the poems or stories and make a book.
Other Things To Do:
- Discuss different parents/households: two parent households, adoptive parents, single parent households, etc.
- Discuss what the word respect means. How do you show someone respect?
- Put on a special play or performance for parents.
- Invite the parents for a special lunch.
Back to August 1st | Go To August Special Days |