Learn More About This Book:
See what the About.com Guide to Children's Books, Elizabeth Kennedy, has to say about this story. You can also compare prices on this book.
Include supplies to make one or more of these crafts.
- Make a mouse craft using a pine cone, a couple of pom-poms, or even a candy cane.
- Make a fox craft using a toilet paper roll.
- Make an owl using a pine cone, a paperback, a sock, or even origami techniques.
- make a snake craft using a paper plate or even some cookie dough.
- Set out a variety of recyclables and basic craft supplies and use your imagination to create a monster.
- You can also create a monster by using collage techniques and pictures cut from magazines.
- Make a cute mouse bookmark to use while you are reading this book.
- Dress up like a mouse by making a mouse ear headband or a mouse visor and a mouse nose mask.
- You can also make some forest or food related crafts.
Additional Story Sack Items:
Include one or more of these related items in the sack.
- Make a cd or tape of the story being told.
- Include plain paper and crayons to write or draw a story about your own made up monster.
- Print out some animal related pages to color.
- Include some related books. Here are a few suggestions:
- Related videos to watch: