Name of Project
3-D Spring Scene
Ages This Project is Suitable For
Kids with minimal supervision, pre-teens, teens
Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project
A few hours
Construction paper (assorted colors)
Toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls
Craft paint or colored markers
1. Glue any colored construction paper onto cardboard. The standard size is 8.5 x 11 but I used a piece of cardboard larger so I had to cut another piece of paper.
2. Make grass with green construction paper all across the bottom and used the scissors to cut fringe about 1 cm intervals but don't cut all the way, leave a little to make the fringe.
3. I used a greeting card for my template and you can use any picture for your guide. I flattened toilet paper rolls and measured 1 cm intervals and with a pencil and ruler made lines till I came to the end of the rolls.
4. With your scissors, cut the lines you drew and you will end up about 10 or more strips.
5. You will have to cut strips in half for some of the pieces of the scene. Some you will have to curl, bend, coil, depends on the scene you are working with. If you look at the bird I made, that was very intricate, I made little oval for body and shaped it somewhat. I shaped a piece to make the beak, a circle for the head, I feathered the tail. I colored the belly to make it look like a robin.
Tips and Tricks
- Look for old greeting cards that you have around the house or pick up greeting cards that have cute spring scenes on them for your guide.